What is the Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Pupil premium funding is available to:
- local authority maintained schools, including special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs)
- voluntary-sector alternative provision (AP), with local authority agreement
- special schools not maintained by the local authority (NMSS)
- academies and free schools, including special and AP academies
Who is eligible?
Families in receipt of one of the following benefits
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
What do eligible families receive?
- Free school meals
- £200 a year towards clubs in school or outside school
- Money towards the board and lodging of the year 6 residential trip to Hindleap Warren
- Free milk daily ( please contact the school office for more information)How do we use the funding?
In 2018-2019 the Pupil Premium budget is £174,240
In 2019-2020 the Pupil Premium budget is £152,780
Click here to see the Pupil Premium Report for the evaluation of impact, and plan for grant expenditure 2018/19
Please click here for the 2019/20 Strategy and plan from grant expenditure.
Pupil Premium Allocation:
In the 2019/2020 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years: £1,320, Currently we have 114 children who have successfully applied for this funding.
We monitor these children’s achievement and attainment at our termly Pupil Progress Meetings to ensure that any needs arising from their disadvantage are met from the grant.