Home School Agreement
Rushy Meadow Primary Academy provides an environment where everyone feels part of a safe, secure, happy community. Children’s curiosity and creativity is nurtured through an inspiring, broad and engaging curriculum. Every day children are challenged and encouraged to be independent learners, to be resilient and aspirational, so that they all reach their full potential.
Our vision is to create a school where our pupils flourish and are proud of their achievements. We aim to instil in them a passion for learning that will empower them to become successful and to make positive contributions to the local community and beyond.
At Rushy Meadow Primary School we believe that children will learn best if parents and carers know, understand and are in agreement with the aims of the school. This agreement is to help the school and parents to work in partnership in order to support the children’s learning.
All parents are asked to read through our home-school agreement with their child, sign the agreement, and return a copy to the school.
A copy of the agreement will be given to your child at school. The information below serves as a reminder should you or your child need to refer to it.
Parents and Carers – I/We will:
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and punctually and make sure my child is collected on time – contact the school office if delayed, or if my child is absent.
- Ensure that my child wears the correct school uniform.
- Support and encourage my child to make good progress, and ensure that the school is aware of any concerns which may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
4. Attend parent consultations to discuss my child’s progress as well as other meetings about my child’s progress
- Ensure that homework is completed carefully and handed in on time.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Do my best to follow the school’s e-Safety guidelines.
- Approach staff and other families in an acceptable manner; follow our code of conduct and discuss any issues with us.
The School will:
- Encourage your child to do their best at school.
- Inform you of your child’s progress at regular meetings.
- Keep you informed about what teachers aim to teach the children each term.
- Send home regular homework.
- Keep parents informed about school activities through regular letters, newsletters and notices about special events.
- Listen to any concerns and work with parents to act positively and in the best interests of your child.
The Pupil will:
- Follow our academy rules
- Do their best in class
- Try hard with their home learning
- Wear the correct school uniform
- Take good care of each other, of school equipment and the school building
- Arrive at school in good time ready to start learning
- Follow our e-Safety guidelines